Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rocky Mountain Bluebirds Common In Yellowstone


This is a Rocky Mountain Bluebird. No, I did not take this picture nor did anyone else with my camera. Whoever took it did a nice job and I would like to get that good with my camera.

Did you know that Rocky Mountain Bluebirds are common in Yellowstone National Park. A year ago last June, I was riding on a field trip park bus and we drove by Yellowstone Lake. Along the shore line maybe 30 or more bluebirds were resting on the shore. They were lined up and reminded me of bright blue lights along the shore on a stormy, dreary day.

If you are birdwatchers, look for something similar to the above photo when you travel to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. I think the sight of a Rocky Mountain bluebird is very fascinating, indeed, and I have occasionally seen them around our neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see a new post from you! Hope you are doing well. We have had a very busy summer. Dan and I are looking forward to the kids starting school and getting life back to normal. Did you get to Yellowstone this summer? Hope you are happy and well.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete